- This event has passed.
The Power of Knowing: Psycho-Education as a Trauma Intervention
March 5 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Psycho-educational family education interventions can offer knowledge, skills and hope for addressing the barriers that trauma / complex trauma can create in recovery. This seminar will provide several models of psychoeducation and family education that can be adapted for behavioral health consumers and/or their family members as individuals or in group interventions.
- Identify 3 diagnostic criteria for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), complex PTSD, and borderline personality disorder (BPD) per the DSM-V;
- List at least 2 differences between psycho-education and therapy;
- Describe at least 2 psycho-educational interventions for trauma survivors;
- Describe at least 2 psycho-educational interventions for family members of people with trauma-related disorders and other behavioral health disorders;
- List at least 3 skills for conducting a psycho-educational intervention; 6. Begin to develop a psycho-educational intervention for a particular isue or population.
*BHTEN training is held on the 7th floor of 520 N. Delaware Ave, at the corner of Spring Garden and Delaware. The entrance is on Spring Garden St.
For more information and to register, click here