The focus of the therapy provided by the PACTS providers’ network is to provide healing not only for the child, but for the whole family. It’s about your child, but it’s also you!
There are several common feelings and reactions that caregivers experience as a result of their child’s trauma. PACTS providers will help you manage and cope with all the unwanted feelings and reactions that affect you and your family when trauma occurs.
As the caregiver of a child who has undergone trauma, are you feeling:
- Easily frustrated or irritated
- Afraid or scared
- Sad and depressed
- Guilty (blaming yourself for what happened to your child)
- Distancing from your child
- Blaming the child for what happened
Is your child experiencing any of the following symptoms as a consequence of a traumatic event?
- Nightmares and trouble sleeping
- Avoidance of thoughts, feelings, reminders of the trauma
- Bed wetting
- Attention problems
- Anger, irritability, temper tantrums and aggressive behavior
- Flashbacks and intrusive thoughts of the traumatic event
- Withdrawal, dissociation (spacing out), and numbness
- Sadness; loss of trust in others
- Increased risk taking behaviors, poor school performance
If you feel ready to start this healing journey, please take a look at our Providers list and find the agency that best suits your needs. We purposely cover several zip codes throughout the City to ensure that every family has access to effective trauma-focused treatment for their children.
You can also contact Arturo Zinny (Project Director for PACTS) at 215.413.3100 x 6418 and he will help you and your child take that important first step towards healing from a traumatic event.